Wednesday, July 26, 2017

LOVE PSYCHEDELICO( ラブ・サイケデリコ)- Love Your Love Album Thoughts(J-Folk)




Tracklist:
1. Might Fall In Love
2. Feel My Desire
3. Birdie
4. This Moment
5. 1 2 3
6. Good Times,Bad Times
7. You’ll Find Out
8. Rain Parade
9. Beautiful Lie
10. C’mon, It’s My Life(Album Mix)
11. Love Is All Around
12. Place Of Love
13. No Wonder





   I'm not too informed on Love Psychedelico since I'm just finding out about their music in the year of 2017. Alright, I'll wait while their fans scorn me for not being a listener in the band's golden years of good music. I don't know but I feel like their newest album titled, Love Your Love isn't their best work. Mostly because I checked out one of their older songs called Last Smile and this song as a completely different vibe compared to the tracklist of Love Your Love. In fact, Last Smile threw off my expectations for this album, serving me a douse of expectation vs. reality.  This band's musical style consists of rock acoustic arrangements that also are inspired by blues and 80s soft rock. Love Your Love however, does things a little differently for it's release by including a light pop sound. supportive instruments normally used in pop music like violins and cute sound edits. I wasn't feeling majority of the tracks until the album gets to birdie as well as a track named Good Times, Bad Times. These are actually my two favorite tracks on the album. Beautiful Lie is also a track that I've grown fond of because this track along with the other tracks I've mentioned have bright choruses that open up the vocalist's voice more than the other tracks. One of the biggest qualities that Love Psychedelico has in their music is the way that their songs transitions back and forth between Japanese and English gracefully. I have heard that the vocalist's Japanese sounds different from other Japanese singers because she sings in English then goes right into singing in Japanese using the same English accent.


  Kumi sounds just like the Japanese version of Avril Lavigne vocally. Especially on this album for the most part. I like her voice as a fan of old school Avril Lavigne also.


   I'm probably going to keep the three songs I liked the most from Love Your Love then delete the rest of the tracks off my iPod. The album was a little of a disappointment but that's my fault for expecting the album to sound like a song they did years ago. Don't you hate when cases of expectation vs. reality kicks your ass?

No comments:

Post a Comment