Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day6(데이식스)- Every day6: January - March Thoughts(K-Rock)


Track List:01. 아 왜 (I Wait)02. 겨울이 간다

 
Track List:
01. 예뻤어 (You Were Beautiful)
02. My Day

Track List:
01. 어떻게 말해 (How Can I Say) 
02. 그럴 텐데    
 
 
     I contemplated whether I wanted to write a post on Day6's monthly releases. None else seems to be talking about these singles so I finally decided that I will. I'm not sure if these are the last of the singles that will be released but if they come out with anything new, I'll make sure to talk about that too. The singles are for sale digitally and they were released every month for about three months. Day6 is a group that first was introduced to me when their debut track, Congratulations hit youtube. I check it out with many other curious viewers. The song didn't strike me as fantastic. I liked the lyrics and the fact that the song sounded like a cross between a British rock band and the rock pop music thats out now all over the world. What I will say is that Congratulations didn't do their mini album justice as the songs on the album were solid. Those songs also put these boy on the map as artists to look out for. Colors is absolutely my favorite track off their debut album.

  These boys have been around the bush a few times then around the corner and down the street. The members found their own ways to get to JYP entertainment somehow.(The record label Day6 is currently under.) Some of them had their own bands that lead to auditions. While others went on music competitions and were signed that way. Then they formed Day6 who currently have two mini album releases under their belts. This monthly project was announced months before they begun but I'm always late when finding out news.  I never know until the news is so close to happening that it hits me in the face.... January kicks off the start of Day6's monthly releases. I wait is a track that lyrical tells the story of a man waiting to take the one he loves away. Literally take her by the hand and run away with her. I was surprised at how rock orientated both track were on this single. You listen to these boys really playing their guitars and drums to the maximum. The songs have catchy choruses that suck you right in with a perfect balance of good vocals and musicality. In fact this could be sad about all three singles that were released. Day6 tapped into what music they do best. I felt like it was the equivalent of hearing the boys going into the studio to record songs that suited to their taste and not so much of what would win on music shows or chart high on the Korean music charts. At one time, Day6 wasn't even promoting their music on Mnet or any other music shows. I respected them loads because this told me these boys are about their music without the fame. Not about being an Idol Ken doll that comes off as perfect but really isn't. Even though your considered an idol if your signed with any of the three major music labels in South Korea.(YG, JYP, SM.) Now, They promote for obvious reasons of getting their music out there to more listeners. I do think their music tends to be more conflict based than about happy love. I'm here for all of it though. February and March's songs read Day6's emotions like reading off the boys diary entries. The songs are still crowd pleasers for listeners because none of the momentum has died out from their past releases. Its like they're saying," How can we top the last release we had?' I like how the songs are strictly rock with a little pop beat production here and there. My favorite tracks come from the months of January and March.

  Three boys sing in Day6 but they do have a lead vocalist. They sound like a mix between F.T. Island and CN Blue. Right in between those two vocal qualities. Day6 doesn't sound like one band over the other. Its right in the middle of both bands. What makes Day6 different from these bands is that they have a soulful connotation during some of their more poppy electrical tracks. Please listen to their daydream album for reference. They have the ability to change their style of music in a natural way. Its not my favorite however, I respect their ability to do so. Their vocals are pretty good overall though. A perfect fit for rock and pop.

    I'm in love with this Every day6 project. I hope this style is one that Day6 keeps for their next album. If they do, that album is going to be good as hell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment