Saturday, March 18, 2017

C AllStar - LOVEAHOLIC VOL. 1 Mini album Thoughts(C-pop)


Track
1. 一刻戀上 
2. 兄兄我我  
3. 聲音騷了 
4. 專業失戀30年 
5. 有幾何 




   I believe I've listened to one other album by C Allstar a long time ago. Their music stood out to me because it sounded like the type of music parents would like. Loveaholic Vol. 1 also takes things back to the old school. Back to a time where men in boybands stood in the center of the stage and sang under the spotlight into metal plated microphones. They sound like a band thats more about their vocal harmony and less about the trendy new age sound of music. I'm not a huge fan of them but I like the fact that they have a sound that isn't influenced by all the mainstream cantonese pop music. I just get bored easily. If your sound doesn't get me excited in a certain kind of way, I don't stick around for long. Some of the track were too slow, too calm for me to stay awake. 專業失戀30年 and 有幾何 did however sound great with the introduction of a mellow ballad sound layered with gracious guitars in the later half of the album. The slow jam jazz sound wasn't for me though. Yes, I'm looking at you, 一刻戀上 .


  C Allstar is a vocal melody machine. You get this idea more when you listen to the two tracks I named above. A good song that plays mostly on their ability to harmonize would do them some good. Its also good that each member has a different quality of vocal. One is a high tenor, another is a base, and then a middle tenor etc. I enjoy hearing them sing together then have one member break away to sing the high note while the other continue to harmonize. 

  Loveaholic Vol. 1 might have been better off as a single. At least the boys are still proving why they have had such a long career. Do tell me if they have better songs. Honestly, I don't pay much attention to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment