Thursday, June 22, 2017

Icy Ball(冰球樂團) - Share Your Love Album Thoughts(Mandopop)




01 - Can't Stop
02 - 響起 
03 - Give A Chance
04 - 你對我說 
05 - 循環 
06 - 靠過來 
07 - 船歌 
08 - I'll Be With You



 
   There's a steady pick up on the boybands that are coming out in mandarin pop music. Many of the boyband's names make me raise my eyebrow in wonder(Icy Ball? Really…) but I'm always open to trying out new Mandopop music. Especially in a time when Kpop is the most popular genre of east asian music that's starting to contain a lack in creativity.

  Icy Ball seems to be rookies in the music scene. They look like all the other boybands if you look at their pictures up close though. The pictures I saw of them without the glamorous touch ups have them looking more like everyday human beings. This might not be appealing to some. I also so saw that they play their own instruments on stage such as the electric keyboard and the electric guitar. My way of going about listening to their music would have been different if I know that these boys had an old soul heart at the core of their music. I say this because I honestly didn't enjoy the first few songs I heard on Share Your Love. The tracks had a lounge style Jazz sound that doesn't fit into this pop heavy time of flashy dance moves and pretty boys. I decided to stop listening to Share Your Love so I could listen again later. Later on, I decide to listen to the album from the last track to the first one. Does anyone out there do that sometimes when listening to albums? I do it from time to time but in this instance, I'm glad that I did. Icy Ball's potential comes out during their tracks that focus on vocal performance. A Jazz influence still lingers in their music however, those abilities to play their own instruments come in handy when they want to be experimental. I had a few nice pleasant surprises while listening to the middle and ending tracks of Share Your Love. Each track teases at the boys abilities to be poppy or be rock pop, mixed with Jazz. The possibilities will be endless for them given the experience they gain in the future.

  It felt like there was a lead singer that sang all the main parts in Icy Ball's songs. The other guys just play instruments and sing backup vocals. Maybe its just me because I could have sworn that the whole group sings different parts. I really need to sleep more at night…. my mind is becoming fried[INSERT ME LAUGHING]. The vocals sound good neither less. Check out their chill songs for vocal paradise.




No comments:

Post a Comment