Friday, December 16, 2016

BIGBANG(빅뱅)- MADE Album Thoughts(K-pop)




Track List:
01. 에라 모르겠다 (FXXK IT) 
02. LAST DANCE 
03. GIRLFRIEND
04. 우리 사랑하지 말아요 (LET’S NOT FALL IN LOVE)
05. LOSER
06. BAE BAE
07. 뱅뱅뱅 (BANG BANG BANG)
08. 맨정신 (SOBER)
09. IF YOU
10. 쩔어 (ZUTTER) (GD & T.O.P)
11. WE LIKE 2 PARTY

  This is the Kpop band I cared the most about back in the day when every other second Koren music was blasting out of my speakers. BIGBANG finally dropped their new album after having it's release pushed back constantly. To promote this album, the boys spilt up most of the title tracks into separate singles where each single represented a letter in the word MADE. After releasing the single for letter E, BIGBANG had their tour and YG kept stating that the album would be out at this time then the release date would be pushed back a few more months then a few MORE months. I wasn't even enthusiastic by the time MADE was actually released. Not like I would have been if BIGBANG had released new music back in the day.( A whole damn parade would have been in order if this was the old me.) a part of defiantly wanted to listen to MADE just out of love and respect for musicians that gave me direction into what I want to do in life. For that, I will always be grateful.

  MADE hits the market with a few new songs plus the songs that were previously released. The songs include, GIRLFRIEND, FXXK IT, and LAST DANCE. Nothing really outgoing or new was brought to the table with these songs. In fact they sound like songs from their last mini album. I'm sitting here now and honestly barely remember LETS NOT FALL IN LOVE or LAST DANCE. I know these two tracks were slow songs that didn't sound bad at first listen but it doesn't feel like "HEY WE BACK!". More like "Hey because we're  BIGBANG, fans will like what we give them.". Slower songs are a good strategy for a Korean audience since they love ballads any day of the week. FXXK IT tried to bring a little something new with hip hop mixed with techno beats. The chorus along with the full song is quite attractive, You will want to dance after the chorus plays a few time through. Also each of the boys vocals feels natural here unlike when T.O.P dances for too long or tries to sing. Lets be a 100 percent real here, if that man wasn't good looking, a shoe would be thrown at him every time he'd opened his mouth to sing. All the rest of the songs were old/forgotten just to be revived for this album. I will say that the order of the songs for MADE's track list was well thought out. The order of the songs created a fun album that never has a dull moment except for if you don't like ballads. This means that tracks like Bae Bae are not your cup of tea. A lot of time was given for these song to grow on me so I enjoy most of the songs from the MADE series. Sober made me the happiest as a long time fan because they took it back to their Remember album days in musical style. WE LIKE 2 PARTY will get you hyped up too with its pop rock instrumentation. BANG BANG BANG was a track that absolutely hated when I first heard it but it fits well in MADE. I've even listened to it a few times now. You don't want to catch me while i'm breaking it down as this song plays.


  Back to T.O.P and his vocals. He can hold a tune, thank goodness. So his input in Daesung, Sungri, and Taeyang's vocal game doesn't mess things up. G Dragon can kind of sing too but his voice isn't something he could make a full career off of in my opinion. Both of them do try to sing which is brave. I give them props for trying and not falling on their faces. The other three boys seem to have become even tighter as a vocal unit. Kind of surprising because I know they all are doing their own thing most of the time. They have their vocals in fixed formation no matter what though. Taeyang is still lead vocal because he has the most soulful sounding voice out of the three while Daesung and Sungri following close behind him. Rap has and always will be fire for BIGBANG. T.O.P and G Dragon don't play any games when it comes to their rapping. I realized how much I missed listening to these boys when I first gave MADE a listen and TOP started spitting bars on FXXK IT. This isn't suppose to be an emotional memory for me but I feel myself tearing up a little. If it wasn't for me finding BIGBANG, I would have never took learning Korean so seriously. Now years, later i'm not into Kpop much anymore but certain bands will alway have a place in my heart. BIGBANG has the biggest place among the others.


  MADE was a good enough album but It will never be has good as the old BIGBANG that cracked out hits like HARUHARU. I haven't heard a song by them thats BLOWN me away in a LONG time. I even recommend new fans to go and check out their older albums.(Even the Japanese albums are good.) There's a big contrast to the music they made then compared to what they are coming out with now. I will always love BIGBANG. I hope they stand strong for more years to come unlike 2NE1.......


No comments:

Post a Comment