Monday, June 12, 2023

The Lake Thai/Chinese Film Thoughts(2022)

 






 The Lake was the firs Thai film that I have watched in awhile.The previews were what sparked my interest. Lee Thongkham(The Maid: another Thai film that's amazing..) directs the film. I also noticed the same actor who was in The Maid is also in this film. His name is Thiraphat Sajakul. 





A little girl from a remote village takes a strangely big egg off the river bank and the waves of the lake began to stir......







    The first half of The Lake is really good. I actually found myself saying that the film was good out loud as I watched. Then the plot starts to introduce too many characters. The family drama was fine because you need to relate to the characters on screen but, it felt a bit filler ish. Can we also address how the monster was super strong and held back no punched when first introduced, only to feel like a weaker version of itself later on in the film. Those prolonged kill scenes made me want to stop the film at certain scenes. That monster is big as hell and it really takes it that log to break a car window?  No way that would work in reality. I'm not sure if the writer knew what direction he wanted to go in since the ending just seems tacked on. A rushed ending is meaningless if you can't tie everything together smoothly. 








       Monster designs don't look bad at all. I was flipping out when the thing started walking on two legs like a human. I wish the terror of the monster stayed consistent though. I'm disappointed overall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment