Thursday, April 26, 2018

EXO-CBX(첸백시)- Blooming Days Mini Album Thoughts(K-pop)

 

Track List:
01. Monday Blues
02. 花요일 (Blooming Day) 
03. 내일 만나 (Sweet Dreams!)
04. Thursday
05. Vroom Vroom
06. Playdate
07. 휴일 (Lazy)




  EXO- CBX has had music released before this album but I thought that this was the boys's first album[INSERT ME LAUGHING.]. I keep showing how out of the Kpop loop I still am... This group is a sub unit of the boyband EXO who is popular all throughout East Asia. Who knows what the "CBX" stands for(I think its the first letter of each of the member's names.). I'm not about to take the time to find out. I care more about the music than searching up too much background information on the artists. Blooming Days is the newest release for the three boys. The mini album was introduced by a colorful music video that used the blooming of different flowers as the theme. Visuals for the MV were very eye catching in beauty, to the point that I ran over to listen to the album.



  I might have forgot to mention that I liked the title track, also called Blooming Day when I watched the music video for the first time. Chen and company tap into a fine tune of finesse for the number. Guitar playing that twangs forming an echo that rings under a smooth mid tempo eat. It's production begs to remind foreign listeners of the good old days when American boybands weren't afraid to be about the ladies in the respectable way. Monday Blues opens the album while also making way for the title track. These two songs are like two peas in a pot for me. Monday Blues brings back that off beat melody that EXO themselves have done in the past making for a catchy track. Blooming Day and Monday Blue feed off of that lively energy. From here, the next two tracks given into the stereotypical sound that is what Kpop is today on a mainstream level. So these songs were easy to skip over after I listened to the first two minutes of each one. Playdate gives me early 2000s Super Junior vibes that made me forget what year it was. The chorus does at least seem to play on the boy's good vocal traits. Each time the chorus comes around, the vocals of the three get stronger and stronger. You believe they really planning a "Play" date with someone. I'm going to need whoever wrote this song to omit the word Play…. Nobody calls going out with someone a "PlayDate". Not unless you're little children. Vroom Vroom wasn't a bad song either.. or it must not have been since I actually remember it off the top of my head. Yep folks. I only liked three out of seven songs.


   EXO's boys have always been good vocalists. There's no doubt about that. They only get better with time. Having only three of the members in this sub unit shows that they can hold their own with out the support of the other members. My hat goes off to them.


    I only listened to this album because I like the Blooming Day music video and song. I at least got three good songs out of experience. I'm going to go watch the music video again. BYE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment