Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Aaron Yan(炎亞綸) Where I Belong(最想去的地方) Mini Album Thoughts(Mandopop)




   Aaron Yan first got his start in the once mega popular Boyband called Fahrenheit. Things didn't work out with the group as members started to leave the group one by one until the band was put one hiatus. I still hold out hope that one day all the boys will come back together for an album. Aaron has since been maintaining a solo career as well as acting in various dramas. He has released several albums but this is his first release in awhile.






1. 最想去的地方 - Zui Xiang Qu Di Fang
2. 玩具人 - Wan Ju Ren
3. 最久的瞬間 - Zui Jiu De Shun Jian


  Where I Belong starts off like Aaron hasn't been out of the music game for a bit. There's not really much here that's different from his other releases. Best thing that this three track album can offer listeners is another chance to hear Aaron sing in all his poppy goodness. One track sounds like it came straight from a pile of songs that didn't make the cut for Aaron's other albums. Not that I hate it, Where I Belong is the perfect mix of pop rock and bubble gum pop for Aaron's fans(me included) to chew on. The other track don't live up to the catchiness of Where I Belong at all. They're just ballads that fan girls in Taiwan want to hear him sing because he looks good doing so. I gained more of a liking for 最久的瞬間 after I watched the MV. How superficial does that sound? Very superficial, I guess....



   Aaron is a good singer for the pop rock music that he does. I like his voice but he isn't the best singer in Taiwan. He's a pretty boy that sings in falsetto for all the girls to swoon over him. He knows what he has to do and gets the job done. Pretty boy vocals all the way…..


    Where I Belong is a nice little reminder that Aaron Yan's voice isn't dead. I'm not sure if he will be releasing a full album soon or not. Whatever he decides to do, I'm here for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment