Monday, October 16, 2017

Cosmos People(宇宙人) - RIGHT NOW(右腦) Album Thoughts(Mando-rock)



Track List:
01.現在就讓我走 | Let Me Go
02.你以為 | Hello Princess
03.心向夏天 | Summer Festival
04.如果我們還在一起 | What If We
05.這就是我愛你的方法 | That’s the Way I Love
06.這樣 那樣 | This That
07.兩人舞 | Pas De Deux
08.Bon Bon Bon Bon | Bon Bon Bon Bon
09.不用大腦 | Brainstoning
10.我們的探險計劃 | Our Bizarre Adventure


 

   No posts about Chinese music or music in Mandarin has been written on here in a long time. Probably due to the fact that I don't give too many Mando artists a chance. Which I guess just boils down to me being super picky once again. This blog still manages to have quite a few posts on Cpop/Mandopop though. I decided the other day to force myself to look up new artists that I may of heard of but never gave a listen. Cosmos People being one of those artists. They are hugely popular in Taiwan but they keep a down to earth kind of image. They're not a band that found success after releasing a couple of albums. Nope. Success came to them at the release of their first album where the album won many awards. Today Cosmos People is considered one of if not the most popular band in Taiwan. Right Now is Cosmos people's newest release.


   Right Now would be the first album that I've ever listened to by Cosmos People. I started listening to this album knowing nothing about the band's musical history. As I listened, I found myself wondering who Cosmos People were as artists. A name like Cosmos People automatically puts one in mind of a Disco floor dance scene. Tracks that are contained in Right now such as Bon Bon Bon fit the indie-Disco image that their name gives off but the boys have other tricks up their sleeves. There's a strong presence of Disco pop grove in the tracks until production gets more versatile toward the middle of the album. After a while you think that you have Cosmos People penned down in one genre then a different musical direction is placed Right Now's production. Calling them a "Rock Band" isn't an understatement either. They keep an indie alternative rock side to their music, only to bring it out in spurts. Sometimes instead of following the same formula as everyone else, the guys will add new sounds. Examples being hand drums and keyboard playing that add a youthful notion to their tunes. The lyrical content of their song's remind me how down to earth they seem to be. Right Now has tracks that most normal people in life can relate to as human beings. Heartfelt lyrics come from artists that live in their truth unwavered by fame and fortune.



  Cosmos People's lead vocalist sings in a lazy type of manner. Like a college guy that has too many problems and not enough people to listen to them.  Weezer kept coming to me when listening to the unique vocals. Both frontmen sound similar in terms of the lazy teenage persona of singing. Works for the message trying to be conveyed. I do also acknowledge that Cosmos People's vocalist doesn't sing in the same manner all the time.


   I'm going to start keep my eye out for Cosmos People. Their sound is familiar, yet different for me. I can't wait to see what else they decide to come out with. I'm happy that I gave this album a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment