Saturday, April 4, 2020

BTS(방탄소년단) -Map of the Soul 7 Album Thoughts(Kpop)









MAP OF THE SOUL : 7 Tracklist

  1. Intro : Persona
  2. Boy with Luv (feat. Halsey)
  3. Make it Right
  4. Jamais Vu
  5. Dionysus
  6. Interlude :  Shadow
  7. Black Swan
  8. Filter
  9. My Time
  10. Louder than bombs
  11. ON
  12. UGH!
  13. 00:00 (Zero O’Clock)
  14. Inner Child
  15. Friends
  16. Moon
  17. Respect
  18. We are Bulletproof : the Eternal
  19. Outro : Ego




 These guys need no introduction. It's cemented in stone who BTS is. Even if you don't like them, you know of them from somewhere thanks to very loyal fanbase. Map of the Soul 7 had been announced weeks before the release of the album to Armys excitement. My hope was that the guys topped their last album, Persona: An album that was better than I though it would be while still slightly underwhelming. The role out singles for 7 sadly didn't leave me all that hopeful. On top of that, these would be songs that I would have to hear them promote on American late night television much to my dismay. Calling Map of the Soul musical trash would be kinda of harsh and an understatement. Still, I'm going to do it anyway. My reasons being that 7 contributes nothing that shows these guys have improved their skills as vocalists/rappers. What listeners are constantly getting with each release is the same old nicely mixed and produced tracks that fall back on the same cliches. Autotune heavy production doesn't work when it's misused or just misplaced in a song. I'm also over the tracks that are still using receptiveness of a phrase to appeal to my ears. I'm over it because in reality, these types of songs aren't actually catchy. The only track that was worth listening to was Louder Than Bombs. Too bad you have to sit through nine WHOLE tracks to get to the gem. Nine tracks that are neither fulfilling or anything that wasn't on their mini album Persona….. Can someone help me wrap my head around all the songs from Persona being on this album. Was this a repackaged album that I didn't know about? Big Hit is basically making fans pay for songs that they already own again….. Cause that's what I surely did since I own Persona as it's own mini album. Ugh would have been an alright track had the magic not got lost in the guys trying too hard to overproduce a track that really only needed them with a dope beat minus that autotune. Had the whole album been a darker Rap/RnB sound that fell in line toward Louder then Bombs's style, I would be singing their praises because that album would have shown more growth in maturity as artists. 7 ends up being no more than an unstable experiment that BTS themselves can't even control. Their music is becoming more like a cash cow that can't get back to it's true artistry if it tried. Gosh, I remember the days when BTS actually had depth in their music outside of flashy lyrics paired with the over made up idol image. Now, we get music fueled by popularity which many Kpop fans bandwagon off of whether they actually like BTS's musical direction or not.. I'm not a Kpop reactor nor one of those people that is too afraid to speak my thoughts out of fear that Armys might attack me. A lot of the Armys are keyboard warriors online then have nothing to say in person. I can't take someone like that seriously. BTS just isn't what they use to be…. Simple as that.





   One guy in that whole group has a good voice that's kinda of high pitched. He could go far and he really shines on Louder than Bombs. Some vocal training would do him good too. Jimin dosen't ever need to let the vocal coach leave his sight. An RM solo debut wold do my good right about now. Just putting that out in the world.




   Oh, before I forget- The packaging for this album was awful. I've never opened up a Kpop CD and felt that everything was wrong from the pictures to the poster. Who's bright idea was it to use recycled paper for pictures that have dark backgrounds in them? Big Bit had to have clearly seen that the pictures came out so dark that you can't even see the members in one version of the album's packaging. So I got a trashcan album containing trash songs…… Lord help me. Real music lovers will see where I'm coming from. BTS gets no hate from me. Their new music needs to be set ablaze though.





No comments:

Post a Comment