Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tank(呂建忠)- New Plan(新計劃) Album Thoughts(Cpop)




   Tank(not to be confused with the American RnB singer; Tank.) is a Chinese singer that I've listened to since the early 2000s. He disappeared suddenly and I often wondered where he went. I guess he just wanted a break from entertainment. Well, He came back toward the end of last year to show the new kids on the block how it's done in a new music age. New Plan is Tank's first album in over a decade.




01. New Plan
02. 渺小的貴重
03. 我的所有
04. RUNAWAY
05. 需要答案
06. 不可思議的愛
07. 鹿鳴溪
08. 幸福的權利
09. 夜裡的月光
10. EAGLE

    Tank's quality in music hasn't changed over the years. The classic singer returns to adapt to the new age of dance electro pop with New Plan. His music still comes on containing big choruses focusing on vocals. Tank continues to multitask between singing and rapping but he doesn't play around in Rock N Roll like he did on his previous albums. New Plan falls more in the pop genre which doesn't come across as selling out or trying to fit in with the new crowd. I believe  Tank was already very versatile so it was a stretch for the singer to take the music style that's popular in the world right now and run away with it. New Plan's track list feels like Tank never left. Musicians that can come back from a hiatus and still dominate the music industry are true masters at their art. My only problem with this album was that I wasn't notified when it was first released. I really need to find a site that will keep me up to date on Cpop/Mandopop.



  Tank's vocals are perfect. His singing is so strong and the best part of his music besides the distinct production. I could listen to him sing all day. I would like to hear him sing more rock songs like he use to.


  New Plan was a good listen to me. I would recommend all of Tank's albums to people who are getting into Cpop. Enjoy music everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment