Thursday, May 10, 2018

OEJ(欧佾杰) - First Album(欧佾杰首张个人专辑) (Mandopop)




  I don't know a whole lot about OEJ. The information I found leads me to believe that he is an indie singer in the Taiwanese music scene. He must have also been in a band at some point. This album is music he worked on from 2012 to 2018 where he took a long break from music. This is his first solo album.

01.什么事让我分心
02.爱
03.红线
04.母亲 (Acoustic)
05.搭便车
06.做自己的英雄
07.方舟
08.一个人的梦
09.心的方向
10.Life List


  OEJ is trying to tell his story that fans missed out on over the past few years. Lyrically, this debut is expert at going through the singer's human life experiences one by one. Inside each song he sings about his family and his troubles that are easily relatable to the average human being. A constant unstable footing of what directing the music of this album stood on bothered me though. Theres a lot playing around with his style. OEJ doesn't know if he want to fit in with the overly chipper music genre or if he wants to be an edge rocker that performs on the street. I'm in approval of him looking like a Taiwanese emo girl's parter in crime on his album cover then switching it up on me in the album. Just make sure your music comes out solid so I don't have anything to say. The bells, trumpets, chimes, and sappy pop beat threw me off completely when I first heard some of the tracks. This type of music doesn't fit him and even if he tried to make it work, the tracks are still boring(I tried listening to more than a few minutes of these happy tracks.). I will say that he does produce great moments in his album when he does acoustic rock. OEJ's bares all here for a connection that listeners will feel. Somebody in the studio must have turned down the sound on the band's playing behind him because the sound feels too low most of the time. It should be a bit louder. Don't be afraid to be the rocker that you are….. I felt such a release when a gutter solo came on. It was damn good too!


   OEJ has a high vocal. However, As I listened closely, He has good vocal technique on him. Some of the notes he was hitting had me a bit surprised. I think a little bit of the old pop punk rock bands I use to like in middle school such as Simple Plan and Yellowcard when I hear OEJ sing. He's slightly more talented than the frontmen of the bands I mentioned vocal wise.


  I'm planning on scrapping most of this album. I'll keep a few songs that I liked. I'm just always looking for new music to put on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment