Friday, January 20, 2017

Vromance (브로맨스) - ROMANCE Mini Album Thoughts(K-pop)

Track List:
01. I`m Fine
02. 삼년째 백수
03. 헤어지지 말자
04. 예뻐서 고마워
05. 어장관리

   Give me a little applause everyone. I lasted to the second mini album of a Kpop act from the new generation. This normally doesn't happen but Vromance has kept me interested long enough for another release to come out. Ironically, the album's name is simply romance. Didn't have to think to hard for this title.... Only thing they had to do was take away the V from the band's name. Good one guys.



  The greatest quality about Vromance's music can possibly be that they try to do much that highlights their vocal ranges and caters to more than one dynamic of people. Kpop is known to be more popular with younger people in Korea and older people don't like it or don't care to like it. Vromance seems to rather be known as a group that sings songs that touches the hearts of women of all ages. Not just teenage girls who attend Mnet Countdown. Their lyrics make a big stress on making the opposite sex  feel like they are being serenaded with the up most care. Its not in a cheesy manner but has a enough softness to be called Kpop. Tracks are more Jazz and soul based besides the ballads. I'm Fine might be one of the best ballads I've heard from a Kpop band in years. The track is sentimental, yet classy and catchy. They used the right amount of English phrasing and the melody added to it creates one fun sequence to sing along with. I don't know if 삼년째 백수 or I'm Fine is suppose to be the title track but if 삼년째 백수 is a title track then these boys improved. This track is just too cool for school. I love the feel it gives off like you can groovy with the beat freely. They don't stop here either. Instead the music gets more slick and solid for listeners with tracks like 예뻐서 고마워 that will sooth all into tuning into their vocals even if your not a female. We should call them Kpop for mature audiences. Not everyone will like them because their not dying their hair, doing fan service, or showing their abs like other Kpop bands. Its all about that talent and less about the visual gimmicks. Don't misinterpret me though. I like to see some abs too..... sometimes...... 

  These boys still can sing. I think I raved about their voices in the first post I wrote. Romance just brings us more interesting songs to dive into. Everything seems to have come together for them. Those jitters they had from being a new group have been shook off and the real smooth talkers have come out. I actually enjoyed listening to the vocals on this album more than I did their debut album. One big reason is because the harmonies have combined to seem more like one unit. Let me tell you, when those voices come together, its like you can hear female's panties falling on the floor. The quality of their harmony could raise the temperature hot enough to melt an ice block. Thank God for Koreans who can sing soul music well. 

  I would only throw out one track but other than that, Romance is a good sophomore  release. I still haven't listened to their female counterpart, Mamamoo. Hopefully A day will come when I have the energy to. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment