Friday, January 6, 2017

BBF - 王者之路 Album Thoughts (Mandopop)






1. 王者之路 
2. 就是這麼酷 (原曲:Keep My Cool) 
3. 單身練習 
4. 重裝上陣 
5. 一萬種相遇 
6. 沈默淹沒 (ft. 高振銘;宋樂謙)
7. 去你的旅行 (ft. 趙雲琦;曾希瑭)
8. The Show Must Go On             
9. 獨家獻映 
10. 大冒險 




  These boys are fairly new, thus I don't know a ton about them. My intuition just told me to check out their album because I haven't seen a lot of plain looking boy bands from mandopop in awhile. The boy bands I've seen either look like they were recycled from a Korean music agency or heavily inspired by the Korean pop boom that once swept East Asia.  Getting dressed up with make up and eye liner is never a bad thing... Looking like every other band to come out is a bad thing. BBF at least started their careers looking relatable to the everyday public that picked up their debut album.


   BBF stands for Big Boyfriends Forever. What does the "Big" suppose to stand for?? I'm confused right now. What kind of "big" boyfriends are we talking about?? A person never refers to their boyfriend as "big" unless you're talking about certain attributes of your boyfriend. We just going to leave this conversation where it is before this becomes a rated R post. Anyway, Lets say I don't think a lot of thought was put into their name but it works if you just call them BBF. Their music is honestly what One Direction would sound like if they were Chinese. Yes, I listen to a select few songs by One Direction and many other american boybands. I'm not one of those guys that feels less masculine for listening to boybands. If the music is good, then I don't care what other people have to have about my iPod playlist. Every aspect of their music from the happy bounce pop feel to the sugar pop ballads smell of 1DR. The quality that BBF has more of is the ability to switch from youthful bliss to mature grown men in a matter of a track. Maybe thats where the "BIG" comes from. I heard a few tracks that made the boys of BBF put on their big boy pants and really give a good vocal and rap performance. Production of their music doesn't just stop at pop either. Different musical styles like Reggae influence tracks with hand drums and guitars.  A lot of the songs were made with choruses that listeners could sing along too. Straight to the point and catchy.

  Each boy has a good hold on the harmony they all share a role in equally. They sound like a group of young boys singing happily. Who knows if they were really happy while laying down the tracks for their album but they sounded like it. When I hear them, I imagine all of them on a beach having fun together. Some of them are swimming, and others are running around on the beach having a fun time. "The Show Must Go On" is their attempt to tackle an all English song. I was really surprised at first listen and even though it feels a little cheesy, I don't hate this song. BBF is packaged well with a simple look and catchy songs that will get stuck in your head soon enough. Both traits fit together perfectly for a certain market appeal. Good job promotion team!

  I want to see where BBF will go with their careers. Things might be a little rocky at first but they have the makings of a headlining group. My hope is that they keep the simple concept for awhile. I know that won't happen though.


No comments:

Post a Comment