Saturday, November 12, 2016

SANDEUL(산들)(B1A4) - Just Stay With Me(그렇게 있어 줘) Mini Album Thoughts(K-Ballad)




















Track List:
01. 렇게 있어 줘 
02. 집
03. 나의 어릴 적 이야기
04. 야! (Feat. 휘인)
05. 같이 걷는 길
  I meant to talk about Sandeul's solo way before now but I kept forgetting to make a post. This is his first mini album and its been a long time coming. He continues to have people raving about his vocals. I remember when I used to be into B1A4 and Kpop fandoms, He also stood out to me because he like that person at church who be singing louder than everyone else. No matter what, you always hear him. Not to mention He's the one who hits all the high notes in the group anyway. 

  The mini album sounds really nice and I was surprised. Most Korean ballads kind of sound the same unless your listening to an Korean artist who know what he/she are doing. Sandeul produces his album around simple life issues dealing with love, family and growing old. These issues are very Korean orientated and I liked how the lyrics for some of the song were penned. My favorite track is definitely "나의 어릴 적 이야기" which tells the story of growing old and what Sandeul would do if he met and older person who lived a long life. He would take a picture with that person and always remember them even if they forget him. Such a touching song and it smells like Korea.(If a ballad could smell like a place. LOL). I don't know.. The song just feels very Korean like I can already see the old traditional homes and smell kimchi. "집" was also I great song about family who holds together a household and Sandeul giving thanks to his family. The whole album got this old school Korean ballad style going on. The fourth track ruins the mood with a more modern duet that could of been left off the album. I understand that B1A4's fanbase is relatively young in Korea though.

 Sandeul can sing ballads very well but I also liked him doing Kpop back in the day. I wouldn't mind more solo work as long as the music doesn't lose it's originality. He seems like he would never sing something that his heart isn't in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment