Monday, December 11, 2023

Hitsujibungaku(羊文学) - 12 hugs(like butterflies) Album Thoughts(J-rock)


 

     Hitsujibungaku is a three piece female Japanese rock band that has been active in the underground music scene for some years now. I've checked out there earlier albums for research purposes and love their vibe. Their song More Than Words was used as the ending theme for the popular anime Jujutsu Kaisen, causing the band to surge in popularity currently. 12 Hugs(like butterflies)is their newest album. 






01 Hug
02 more than words
03 Addiction
04 GO!!!
05 永遠のブルー
06 countdown
07 Flower
08 honestly
09 深呼吸
10 人魚
11 つづく
12 FOOL

   





   12 Hugs is a great introduction to the band. While, I did enjoy checking out their older music, their newest release feels like the women are at a new peak musically. All  the tracks are garage pop rock injected with girl power love lyrics underlined in emotion. This is more of a hard hitting album instrumental wise in terms of the band. Most of the choruses come in with a unified boom of guitars and drums. It's good to note that the singer also plays guitar as she sings.  My only real problem with the album is that sometimes the volume levels for the instrumental and vocals need a little tweaking. Sometimes that vocals are overpowered by the band in certain tracks. Maybe I won't notice it as much if I listen to the albums through different speakers.  






    The front women has a great vocal quality. Her vocals on the song More Than Words is gold. I became a fan after seeing the band perform the song live. 






    


   12 Hugs as an album makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I'm a cave man so I haven't watched the new episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen yet. Even so, I've still loved every note coming from Hitsujibungaku. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment