Monday, April 24, 2023

Alienoid(외계+인 1부) Korean Film Thoughts

 


   





    People is different time zones try to stop Aliens from taking over the earth. One is an Alien who lives on earth with a human child and the other is shamans in historical Korea.  





      This was a film that wasn't one that could be saved by the end of everything that was done. The all star cast couldn't save this film. A new concept story couldn't have this film. There were some cool moments and how the film started out was really interesting. Then.... Too much starts happening at one time. I didn't even know that there was three timelines. Let's talk about the comedy. I loved the funny interactions with alien, robot, and a child. They had me giggling. Somehow director Choi Dong Hoon felt the need to keep adding comedy release scenes that threw off the balance of the film. I couldn't take a lot of what was going on seriously. This kept happing and I got to the point that I stopped caring. I was so taken out of the film by the time the credits rolled. 







    The performances were what it was. I do applaud Kim Woo Bin for playing a dual role. He had to be a very serious character and a kinda silly character. It was nice to see So Ji Sub again after such a long time. 







    I wanted Alienoid to be more than what it was. I'm disappointed in how disjointed this film was. Korean films are failing to attract large audiences of people in South Korea nowadays. You can see why....... 






No comments:

Post a Comment