Monday, February 27, 2023

The RoundUp(범죄도시2) Korean film Thoughts

 






   My biggest advice would be to believe the negative reviews for this film. Don't let the tons of raving reviews fool you like they did me..... 







  I don't have a lot of things to say about this sequel film starring Don Lee of The Eternals fame. My curiosity caused me to fall into the trap of buying this film on Blu-ray, hopping that the story would be an improvement from the first film. It turns out that it was not. Director Lee Sang Yong gives viewers what Ma Dong Seok is known for and not much else. The script isn't engaging nor is did the jokes really hit in my opinion. You basically watch watch a big guy fight villains for the duration of this film. Some attempts at mixing Comedy and Action shows the effort, however, Most scenes come across like the story/actors don't even take what's going on too seriously. What was the main villain's actually goal anyways? He seemed evil just to be evil. When everything was said and done, I had more fun knowing the the credits had started to roll than anything else I witnessed in The Roundup. 









     I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that there will be another film following this one. I'll probably pass on that one considering, I've been burned twice now thanks to Yoon Kye Sang..... Ma Dong Seok is the bread and butter of this film series. Star power is a hell of a drug when used correctly on fans. 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment