Monday, May 9, 2022

Nobody Knows(아무도 모른다) Korean Drama Thoughts(2020)


     


    Nobody knows was a 2020 Korean drama that was directed by Lee Jung Heum and stared Kim Seo Hyung, Ryu Deok Hwan, Ahn Ji Ho, Park Hoon, and a whole cast of supporting characters that light up this crime drama. I wouldn't say this drama is well known but it's a hidden gem for Korean drama fans that have an open mind. 





   A women becomes a detective after her best friend is murdered nineteen years ago. She is still looking for the murder as he's presence lives on in a new case involving a high school student that she's close to.....







    Nobody Knows is not a show for the average Korean drama watcher. There's no romance in this drama. You can look but you won't find any.... Even though there was a chance to right a romantic relationship in there if the director wanted to. I'm glad that he didn't because I feel that it would have cheapened the plot. You will experience nothing less than a dark crime drama that deals with the same concept of young girls being murdered in early days South Korea that bleeds over into more of a modern day twists. Each episode gives you a piece of the puzzle to form the full picture of what happened. Some situations, I fell didn't need a full episode to figure out since I had figured it out before the detective I was watching did. There's still a special mystic about Nobody Knows that keeps you watching through the slow parts. I think it was a strong desire to answer the questions that you had. For example, how does that new case connect to the new one? How does the new victim, who is a boy, connect to her friends murder. A whole mirage of characters make their way into the story as well and you get to see the events that led up to the incident, which was needed to find the overall answer viewers need. I was happy that everything ended up being wrapped nicely into a little bow by the drama's conclusion. However, the final episode did overstay its welcome by a few minutes in my opinion. I actually yelled CUT! at my television screen a few times..... 









    Actor Park Hoon embodied pure evil to play his role in this drama. He shines bright in his performance so much to the point that he's was likable due to the light touch of comedic flare he added to the character. I don't support his actions but I do love the talent that you get to see every time he's on screen. The scene on the roof top with Kim Seo Hyung's character during the final episode was gold. I also loved the scenes he had with Ahn Ji Ho(Nobody Knows was his first show and he did so well..) in the hospital... Just acting gold all around. 






    Nobody Knows is a Korean drama for people who like crime dramas. People who want something different from the regular Korean shows that are promoted everywhere. I think that the dark elements will make you think about the world through a new point of view.    




No comments:

Post a Comment