Monday, April 11, 2022

Cosmos People(宇宙人) - This Is The Moment(理想狀態) Album Thoughts (C-pop)

 



   Cosmos People is a band that's been around the Taiwan music scene since 2004. They have gained wide acclaim for their music over the years. Each member also has a musical background; each member graduated from a music college. I've seen this band on the internet on and off but only kinda got into their music until more recently. Their newest album it titled This Is The Moment. 




01.►
02宇宙人、违法SmashRegz-自己来
03.你的样子
04.明天留给我
05.蓝色的你
06.我还绕着你在旋转
07.理想状态
08.先这样(AlbumVer.)
09.好野
10.无所事事
11.有一天你会忘记
12.Baby我不想离开








   Cosmos People's been on my playlist once ad that I was back a couple years ago. I wasn't too impressed with the album I heard. It could have been because I was in a bad mood or that their music didn't click well with where I was in my life at the time. This Is the Moment fit my mental state like a glove thought. Cosmos People is older. I'm older now as well, so the men come back with their brand of City Pop. This sound for them is more relaxed, settle, and perfected compared to their older sounds. I got down into the grove of pop rock soaked into funk soul that was like a tribute to the late sixties. Song lyrics showcase maturity as they write about life moments that should be cherished as well as how life should be enjoyed. There's a sad love song at some points also..... Overall, I was very impressed with how much this band grew as musicians. 






     Everything that goes into the group creating the instrumentals for their tracks, you would think that this would effect the vocals but it doesn't really. The vocals still sound like a regular frontman from Taiwan. However, there is a bit of control in how pristine he sounds when singing over such funkadelic beats.  He remains in control all throughout the album from ballads to uptempo tracks while never once feeling strained by the music. 





      I'm glad that I gave Cosmos People another shot. Yeah, it was years latter but if I hadn't, I would have never seen the growth that they've shown in This is the Moment.    




No comments:

Post a Comment