Monday, November 23, 2020

Wu Qing Feng(吴青峰) - 冊葉一:一與一 (Ce Ye Yi: Yi Yu Yi) Album (CD 2) Thoughts(Mando- Experimental)

 




    Wu Qing Feng is a Taiwanese singer that is well known for his penmanship on lyrics. He has wrote songs for the band he founded called Sodagreen as well as for other artists. Sodagreen has had a very long career with eight albums other their belt and award wins for their artistry. Recently their has been news reports that copyright disputes have been brought to court between Wu Qing Feng and his label. This happened in the same time frame as his second album release called Ce Ye Yi:Yi Yi Yu Yi. I believe the album is mostly a cover album. 





1. 寧靜海 Sea of Tranquility
2. 等 Waiting
3. 年輪說 Traces of Time in Love
4. 困在 Imprisoned
5. 一點點 Bit by bit
6. 迷幻 Hallucination
7. 月亮河 Moon River
8. 極光 Aurora





       I wasn't too interested in this album due to the bad song roll out but I still decided to give the second CD of the album a try because I'm a fan of Sodagreen. The tracks are very experimental to a point that the production is all over the place. It' not in a good way either.... There's certain producers who can take two songs that are different from each other in sound, then still put them together using the right transition. Ce Ye Yi doesn't do this at all. What I will say is that the track's willingness to bring a new style to the listener. I mean who produces a swing song that suddenly turns into an alternative rock songs? The album from there is mostly slow down songs that I wasn't too into. He's good at ballads that have a rock style to them. Even with all the good addition to the instrumentals such as the violin and guitar, Vocaloid Wu's album was kinda boring. The tracks have a unique flare. Especially the autotune vocaloid track that's a famous style in Japan. Wu's talent was not translated into an interesting listen for me. I do still love Sodagreen though. Gosh.... It's really been three years since they've release something? Wow......






     Wu's vocals are not for every kind of song. He has a hight voice that yodels the higher his voice gets. Some of his vocals get a bit out of hand. He screams randomly at times but I guess he's just having fun. Other tracks just have his singing sounding odd. I like his voice in the rock genre of music  the most.






    Ce Ye Yi: Yi Yu Yi made me miss Sodagreen's music. I'm not too big on Wu Qing Feng's solo albums. I'll just keep looking out for Sodagreen's return to music.  




No comments:

Post a Comment