Monday, June 3, 2019

高爾宣 OSN - #OSNRAP Album Thoughts(C-rap)




   I wish I knew more about this rapper but I don't have a lot of information. What I do know is that I found one of his music videos and became a fan of his instantly. Then I found that he released a full length album which as a recently seduced fan, I had to give a listen to. #OSNRAP seems to be his first album after he started releasing singles last year. Some of the singles were received better than others from the public. OSN gives off an American or oversea Chinese vibe too. Perhaps he was born outside of China.








Track List:
1.        Without You (2:56)                
2.        Run Away (3:29)                
3.        Why You Gonna Lie (2:54)                
4.        最後一次 (2:46)                
5.        Be Alright (3:22)                
6.        Everybody Bounce (2:40)                
7.        Benz Booty feat. SOWUT (2:34)                
8.        No Play (3:09)                
9.        Old Me (3:59)                
10.      Without You (acoustic version) feat. 陳忻玥 (3:24)



   OSN's first album's sound is sent from a category of youth that brings a whole lot of problems because your too young to know how to mange life. At least that's what I get from what OSN constantly raps about. He fits his music in various layers of music dimension according to how he what he has experienced in his life. The fun times bring a hip hop party atmosphere to his music as can be listened to in the track Everybody Bounce which caters to the underground Hip Hop scene well. OSN has became more well know for the songs Why You Gonna Lie and Without You which have more mainstream appeal because these tracks shift between rap and pop. Plus OSN smoothly sings the choruses of these songs like he could be in the TF Boys(popular Chinese Boyband) if he wanted to. What I'm saying basically is OSN has found the method to become popular while shouting that he takes part in the nitty gritty rappers club. #OSNRAP could be a message to people in itself to notify people that he's a legit rapper. I'm not sure about his musical background before this album. The release continues to be very moldable into new forms of pop music though. No Play is a electric hip hop pop track being the sole opposite of the track called runaway who gave a pop acoustic sound. All the while OSN never loses that essence of youth as a 21 year old recounting his memories. I know we can expect more from this talented guy in the future. I'm all for it since I play Why You Gonna Lie none stopped.



   What interested me the most when I first hear OSN was the perfect balance of singing and Rapping. He's doing what Ph-1 is doing musically in Korea right now. I've got to wonder if OSN was singing before he decided to rap. He has the of mastery of balance for both forms: one that someone only gets from dappling in both. I can't wait to hear more of whats up his sleeves. Also, Having a female sing the chorus in Without you was genius to me. Love how it made the track sound on the album.



   I would recommend OSN to people who want to get into Chinese(Mandarin) Rappers. He's fairly new but is becoming a raising star fast. Probably because he doesn't rap like anyone else out in Taiwan right now.





 

2 comments:

  1. He won at MAMA 2019. I'm so proud. I do love his song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is indigenous Taiwanese. Specifically, he orginated from Mushan, Taipei where hiphop culture has been flourished

    ReplyDelete