Monday, July 2, 2018

Dirty Truth( 脏理儿) - Neo School(新校旧址) Album Thoughts(C-rap)


01. Intro
02. Hip Hop
03. 你就是我的灵感 
04. 哈库呐玛塔塔 
05. 俗话说 
06. Move Ya Body
07. 放克姑娘 (ft. 李琪Layla) 
08. U&I
09. 瑞欧万如是说 
10. 我的城市 
11. 更多更多 
12. Outro

   Dirty Truth is a Mando rap duo that I found online while just looking for new music to listen to. They seem to be more of an underground act than a mainstream one. Keep in mind that Rap still isn't accepted by all aspects of society over there in Asia. Especially if you're not talking about positive subjects like love or closing your eyes to problems in society. Neo School is their newest full length album.



   The duo goes back to the old school era of Rap during the opening numbers on Neo School. Their track titled Hip Hop uses an old 90's to early 2000s beat that many rappers frequently used in the States. Both rappers hop on the beat easily while getting groovy with the rhythm. It was nice to hear rappers, no matter which country, going back to Rap's roots and doing the style justice. Dirty Truth gangsta walks around different styles of music as the album plays on. Never really settling into one genre for long. However, they instead bring Rap to all these various kinds of genres. Traditional Chinese music bonds with their Rap artistry in tracks outside of their random Jazz inspired tracks. Layla is the only featuring singer and the track she was featured on is probably my favorite track on this album. I'm finding as I get older, that I want more catchy flavor added to the rap music I listen to. This was the problem I had with Neo School mostly. Not saying that Rappers have to do pop songs but I would like a catchy hook in the song to make me want to rap along even when the song isn't coming out of the speakers. Many of the tracks focus too much on the two trying to be masculine more than making rememberable music. It really effects the replay factor of Neo School greatly for me. Others might have liked the songs just the way that they are. I saw that their song; Hip Hop broke into the top twenty on one of the charts….. [CLAPS HANDS]


  These guys rap like many of the old rappers years ago in the states. Just very energetic with a lot of force behind it. I want them to work on switching up their flow. Sometimes their rapping sounds kinda secular.



     Rap will always be the kind of music that breaks barriers. Music does that in it's self already. I may not like all of Dirty Truth's music but I do give them props for expressing themselves through my people's culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment