Friday, February 2, 2018

Alien Huang(黄鸿升) - Human Album Thoughts(Mandopop/Rock)







01 感觉对了 
02 英雄登出 
03 我是歌手 
04 北风和太阳 
05 喵女友
06 人类 
07 北风和太阳 (伴奏)
08 感觉对了 (伴奏)
09 人类 (伴奏)

 


    I'm a bit late making a post about this guy and his new album too. Mostly because I was super late finding out that he had released something new. Alien Huang is a man in Taiwan that does pretty much everything there is to do in the entertainment industry over there. There's not much use going into detail about what he does since anything that has to do with entrainment, has him right up in your face. I was introduced to him through his music first then stumbled upon him acting later on. Human is his newest album right after I though that he had settled down away from music. I guess he refuses to be quiet.



   I've witnessed Alien transform over the past decade. My favorite musical style that comes from him is rock which shouldn't be too much of a surprise if you read my posts. Well, ok in his case I'll say "pop rock" for the readers that pride themselves on separating what is heavy hard rock and soft rock. Anyway, he's changed his style over the years as he suddenly went from rock to pop constantly. Only to end up mixing the two musical styles in some cases. I've gotten a bit tired of the sugary pop anthems from him so I took a long break from his music. Human had me cautious to listen to it's contents based solely on the fact that I felt like Alien hadn't grown with my changing musical tastes over time. Surprisingly though, Human feels like a stripped down version of a mature Alien. His theme for the album this time deals with rock as a underline core sound while experimenting with different instruments on the service of this sound. Many of the tracks sound normal to me. He doesn't try to pull out any random out of the hat tricks on listeners. I did however notice the slick ease in music production when adding new elements of other music such as Jazz and Dance pop. Human's producers were very careful not to disturb the core foundation of rock to be found on Human but they also weren't afraid to shake up that flavor by adding saxophones and electric keyboards to tracks. A perfect match for the mature angle in which his lyrics seem to approach the topic of love now.


   Alien was trying to growl during one of the tracks. He will be doing screamo in no time. Just don't scare your female fanbase too much though. I'm not even sure how popular he still is in Taiwan…. I'm actually feeling my age right now…… Yeah…. Thanks Alien…… Really.


   Human will please the fans that liked his older albums. He did just enough to be relevant on my music playlist. Let's hope that me, Alien, and whoever reads this post has a prosperous new year. MUCH LOVE EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment