Sunday, January 28, 2018

Who Killed Cock Robin(目擊者) Taiwanese Film Thoughts




   This film was yet another film that made it's way into my "watch" list just because I wanted to watch a newer film from Taiwan. Who Killed Cock Robin is the films alternate English titled but the actually translation of the film would be Eyewitness. Cheng Wei ho directed and co wrote for the script as his fifth film. The full script is written by Dorothy Chen and stars Chaung Kai hsun, Hsu Wei ning, and, Ko Chia Yen.


 A journalist investigates a past hit and run accident. He finds as he investigates that more pieces are missing from the case and those missing pieces might be closer to home than he thinks.


   The god forsaken trailer was better than the whole film put together. Let me get right to the point everyone. It saves a lot of time for those of you that have other things that you need to be doing. I don't know where the plot of Who Killed Cock Robin was attempting to go. The plot instead earned the name from me of Who Killed The Damn Plot? I was under the strong impression that Cock Robin was going to be a horror/thriller film. Taiwan actually produces alright Horror Thrillers when they want to so I was kind of excited after watching the trailer. I'm upset that I got tricked into buying this film so easily. Instead the plot ranges from mystery to sad murderous love story. You get taken back in the past to retell the same crucial part so many times that viewers eventual stop caring about who killed who or even why. Storytelling should be told using interesting methods such as using the scenes to add a peak of boiling over for the plot. Nothing of the sort happens in this film. Things only keep telling you the same part over and over using different points of perspective. Then you have some weird drama dealing with the characters in between that. That "you know who did it but you don't know how they did it" storyline has been played out for awhile now. Japan became the experts at using this type of plot to create film masterpieces while South Korea comes in a very close second with using the idea. Even through the lame progression of Who Killed Cock Robin, I still understood the message of the film completely: At certain moments in life there is no good. The ending of the film should have been moved to the beginning. Expansion on the events shown in the conclusion would have made a good film. I came for the shiver I got during the last few scenes! Too bad I had to wait the whole entire film to get that sensation.




   The cast was alright in their roles. Their acting wasn't a make or break for the film honestly. I absolutely loved the last scene however. His acting was so gripping. I got pulled in by his performance instantly after twiddling my thumbs the whole entire film. Had me gripping my damn invisible necklace and all.




   Our method of filming was a good pairing to the dark horror thriller this film was suppose to be. The camera shots a lot of night scenes making some scenes harder to make out. The director liked using a lot of zoom focused shots so that the viewer is forced to look at one thing while actions are happening away from that focus point. This is a often used tactic by directors to leave viewers scared about he unseen.



  Who Killed Cock Robin is a film that you should settle for just watching online. Now, I don't promote watching films online without giving money to the creators in support if you have the means to usually. It's not an amazing film though.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FILM CONTAINS SEXUAL EXPLICIT AND VIOLENT CONTENT. DO NOT VEIW IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OF AGE. THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment