Thursday, July 14, 2016

VROMANCE(브로맨스) - THE ACTION Mini Album Thoughts(K-music)

 I've been really busy as of late so my posts once again have not been daily. I actually worry when I don't post for a couple of days! isn't that funny?? (INSERT ME LAUGHING HERE). So, About this new Korean boy group known as VROMANCE!




01. Introduce (Feat. Basick)
02. 오래된 연인들
03. 여자 사람 친구
04. 빙 (Feat. Big Tray)
05. 벌써 겨울
06. 여자 사람 친구 (Inst.)
   I ran across this group when their video appeared in my youtube video box and I clicked on the video because the group looked like they wouldn't give my the same old kpop formula that we all are use to. Thankfully VROMANCE knows how to make themselves seem different instead of going for that stale mainstream vide that everyone in Kpop tries to be apart of. Fame isn't everything folks!!! 
 These boys are suppose to be the brother group of female group MAMAMOO. Im not familiar with these girls but let me know if i'm missing out on some good music or I might check them out later. VROMANCE is a like if Michael Buble had a stronger voice and could clone himself into four other versions of him. "여자 사람 친구"(She) Is soulful and Jazz making for a new slice of life in the dull land which is known as kpop village. The song also shows that each of the boy have great team work vocally. They know how to space out their parts equally while supporting each other. The vocal parts where each member sings one after the other makes me smile. Its during the "Hello" part of the song. "빙" is the other stand out track on the mini album. This song has a more of an RnB feel and the chorus will have you bumping and grinding until the tracks end.( Don't worry, I won't tell your parents.. shhhh!) That "YAYAYAYA" part is just too catchy and sensual. 


  The rest of the tracks are styles and vocal performances that could be heard by other groups. These boys can sing their asses off(especially that one that keeps hitting those high notes.) but so can many other Korean boy groups. Their vocals even sound like other boy groups and this isn't their fault but the Korean music industry is a industry that doesn't try to make their artists stand out enough musically. Everyone just continues to follow the same formula. None wants to be that outcast to just be like" lets switch things up a little bit!" I know it takes courage to do. 
  This is a good debut overall. Tracks are solid and give the listener what they want to hear. That same old pretty boy vocal ballad track(벌써 겨울), a introduction which let me just say, the rappers chosen for this mini album were good choices. I got my head bang action on while listening. Then "오래된 연인들" which is a good track with a soulful chorus but I probably won't remember it later on. 
Check out the fun MV below:

No comments:

Post a Comment