Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cinema Staff - Eve Album Thoughts (J-Rock)

 I became a fan of these guys after watching the Attack On Titian anime. They did the second theme song called "Great Escape". None thought that the creators could pick a new song that would go well with the anime like the ending theme song already being used. Gosh, they really choose well and after I heard "Great Escape" I had to find out more about who was singing it. The rest is history.........


  1. 01.eve
  2. 02.希望の残骸(テレビ朝日系全国放送「Break Out」5月度オープニング・トラック)
  3. 03.エイプリルフール
  4. 04.lost/stand/alone
  5. 05.切り札(TVアニメ「遊☆戯☆王ARC-V」のオープニングテーマ曲)
  6. 06.somehow
  7. 07.crysis maniac
  8. 08.person on the planet
  9. 09.境界線
  10. 10.deadman
  11. 11.AIMAI VISION
  12. 12.YOUR SONG(NHK岐阜放送局・岐阜発地域ドラマ「ガッタン ガッタン それでもゴー」主題歌)
  13. 13.overground

    Over the past few months Ive kept a close eye on Cinema Staff since they release a single here and there. I would have missed the release of "Eve" if I hadn't dug for some new music to listen to. Thats the sad part about bands that are not super popular yet. I'm a month late but they released this new album with contain the song 切り札 which is used for the new Yu-Gi-oH anime. Many of their songs are good so I expected a really good new material. The first thing i noticed is the shift in their sound from garage rock to more of a mainstream sound that the masses would like. Every band has to make the decision eventually to make changes so their music appeals to a large amount of people. This isn't a problem as long as your music still appeals to me. "Eve"sits the borderline of songs girls would listen to and hard garage rock that would have any concert crowd jumping up and down. "Somewhere" is soft with pop beats and Cinema Staff's vocalist showing that he can sing even has being known as a rock singer. Some people feel like rock music is all about screaming but anyone can get up on stage and scream. If I'm going to be paying my money to hear you live, then you need to be doing something that I can't get up on stage and do myself. Another quality that Cinema Staff has is their ability to change the tempo of their songs right in the middle of songs. Its not messy either. They know how to take a hook and make it catchy while throwing it in a song that was going in a competely different direction. I really lover their guitar playing and the pauses they sometimes do while playing rifts. 



The band is made up of
  • Tomotoka Tsuji
  • Mizuki Iida
  • Sōhei Mishima
  • Yōhei Kuno

  I can't believe this is their fifth album. You would think that  this album was their second with all that energy coming from the songs. The vocals make up the reason I really Cinema Staff's songs. The vocalist has this relaxing resonance to the tone of his voice. This resonance makes each song nice to listen to while your busy doing other things around the house. They got kind of poppy in some tracks but I still like the album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment