Saturday, June 18, 2016

Come Closer(조금만 더 가까이) Korean Movie Thoughts(2010)

    Here we go with another post. WOW, can you believe i actually did two in one day?? I'm very proud of myself so I think I will treat myself.... Maybe to more movies!!!!! hahaha This just says that there are more post to come. Anyway, back to this post and the movie called "Come Closer".




     Directed and written by Kim Jong Kwan(김종관), Come Closer tells different stories love's decay and the effect it has on the people involved. The film stars Yoon Kye Sang(윤계상) of boyband G.O.D and many other young actors and actresses that held their own. 



    Most of the bulk of this film was shot inside a person's house, a car, or a coffee shop. The last two stories were shot outside but for the most part nothing is really special in the way this film was shot. I did notice that it was raining so this movie was probably shot in the spring or fall in Korea. I liked the park scene's nature feel and the overall ending shots of the movie because it gave a strong sense of ending.



 "Come Closer" is another movie I bought of because the actor who was involved. His name is Yoon Kye Sang and he is featured on the cover of the film and gets a good amount of screen time in the trailer. However, Yoon Kye Sang is not in this movie for very long and the plot doesn't surround just him but other characters as well. This threw me for a loop because advertising wise, you think this movie stars Yoon Kye Sang when its actually Yoon Kye Sang plus eight other actors who actually get more screen time than him. With that being said, every actor played their parts well, I was interested once i got into the story and could see the film's main concept clearly. The music that was featured in the film was also better than i thought it would be. I need to take the time to look up the singer at some point. 


  The plot was confusing at first because you had no idea where it was going. The film doesn't tell you that your going to see four different stories(until you read the back of the DVD... LOL). It just starts and then your thrown into the fire. The plot is also what makes "Come Closer" unique. You get the chance to see the lives of different people and how they deal with waning love.  Love isn't easy and it's never good to think that you have love figured out because none ever has it figured out. You can only live day to day and hope that your love doesn't change or that it will last. 


  "Come Closer" isn't my favorite film but  it contains certain elements that I like. It's not a bad indie film and the acting is good. I just thought it would be better than it was in my opinion.

P.S.: THERE IS A GRAPHIC SEX SCENE IN THIS FILM AND IF THATS NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SEE OR YOUR UNDERAGE, THIS MOVIE MAY NOT BE FOR YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment